7th July, 2012, Seoul: On Saturday, South Korean mobile phone maker Samsung told that their flagship Galaxy S III smartphone that caught fire last month in Ireland because of an external energy source.
World’s number one smartphone maker stated that a prove by the United Kingdom based Fire Investigation have cited that the handset itself was not responsible for the fire, instead it was an external energy source that was responsible for generating the heat.
The brand new Galaxy S lll, which is Apple’s iPhone’s strongest competitor, was unveiled in Europe in May and in US last month. A Dublin-based user, last month, posted his comments on a website saying that the handset had exploded in his car.
Samsung told that they had contacted UK based Fire Investigations, which is an independent consultancy services provider regarding fire and explosions. They also provided mane Galaxy S III handsets including the burnt one.