26th July, 2013, Hong Kong: London based English Premier League club, Tottenham Hotspur are in talks with Welsh footballer Gareth Bale over a new deal in order to keep him away from the clutch of Real Madrid and Manchester United.
Earlier this week, there were reports that the 24 year old player had come to an agreement with Spanish giants Real Madrid. There were also reports that he told his earlier club that he wanted to leave.
According to reports, Tottenham Hotspur Villas-Boas told that last year, there was contact between the club and Bale’s agent. There are ongoing contacts between the club and Bale’s agent. Gareth Bale renewed his contract last year at the beginning of the season.
The Tottenham coach refused to comment on whether any other club had made an offer for the Welsh footballer. He added that Bale is a special player and had a magnificent season last year.
On Wednesday, Bale did not play against Sunderland in Barclays Asia Trophy because of injury. Bale has pulled his muscle on the right side. It would probably take 7 – 10 days to recover.